5 Things To Look For In A Muscle Car
Июнь 10, 2016. There is no better feeling than slipping behind the wheel of a muscle car. You put your toe on the pedal and the engine responds with a ferocious roar. The car itself dominates the road with its giant front grill and wide body. You can feel the power as you take it down the coastal roads and open highways. More than that, you know it looks phenomenal from every angle. It is domineering, sharp and angular. It is power incarnate.
And you want one. But, how to choose? How do you decide which is the very best, and how do you spot a good one? Do you opt for the old, classic Camaro or an elegant Pontiac? Do you choose a modern style with a Dodge or the angry Mustang? Today we’re going to help you narrow down the field and make the right decision. Let’s take a look. Read more!
1. Style – If you’re a big muscle car fan, you probably already have a model in mind. It’s the one you’ve obsessed about since you were a child. You drew it on the back of your textbooks, and you still day-dream about it today. All muscle cars look fierce, dominant and powerful. But, some have a touch of elegance about them too. The Firebird, for example, is a more refined model than the Mustang. The choice is completely up to you here.
2. Power – When it comes to muscle cars, it’s not just about looks. It’s also about how the engine sounds and feels beneath you. If it’s sheer engine power you’re after, the modern Dodge Challenger is probably your best bet. It boasts an aggressive V8 engine that will produce over 700 brake horsepower. The older models might have more style, but you’ll compromise on power.
3. Condition – Most muscle car obsessives have a thing for older cars. They love the legacy and the style of a classic motor. For that reason, the second hand market is awash with amazing muscle cars. If you don’t believe us, see www.Crosskeysauto.com, for their Dodge deals. As you can see, you’ll find a bargain muscle car without too much trouble. But, it’s important to check the condition, as older vehicles can cost a small fortune to repair.
4. Replacement Parts – If you’re in the market for a fixer-upper, you’ll need to make a choice on replacement parts. Some petrol-heads love nothing more than refurbishing an old model. Breathing new life into a classic motor is a real thrill. It gives you a project to get your teeth stuck into, and you’ll feel an enormous sense of pride. The only trouble is finding spare or replacement parts. Classic car parts are often difficult to come by. So, analyse what parts your muscle car might need before buying.
5. Legacy – For true muscle car lovers, it’s all about the legacy. It’s the badge of honour that comes with parking a Ford Mustang on your front drive. You can find a cheaper imitator, but if you want the real thing, you’ll have to pay for it!